cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Kepware Quality Bad (Out of Service) on BACnet/IP Driver

JM_10762926
4-Participant

Kepware Quality Bad (Out of Service) on BACnet/IP Driver

Hello,

We have BMS devices connected to Kepware KEPServerEX6 using BACnet/IP Driver. Devices are showing Bad(Out Of Service). 

Before few months reading were healthy.

After firmware update on BACnet device, reading are steady bad.

We restarted KepServer but still its same.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JM_10762926
4-Participant
(To:rajskumar)

Thanks for the support.

Root cause of the issue identified is loading issue. It was observed that many of the devices were not connected. These bad connections were impacting few running ones. We disabled scan for all which were not connected and kept only active ones. After that it was stable.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello,

Are you able to see your device in the Device Discovery Procedure explained as per this driver manual?(page=12) If the device doesn’t show there, then there is a networking issue, and you need to check with your Local IT team.

If the device shows up, I recommend using a tool like Wireshark to inspect packet-level communication. If you don’t see packets from the device to Kepware, there might be an issue on the device side.

In case you receive responses from the devices, I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware Technical Support team. Here is a link to the my kepware login page where a ticket can submitted:

https://my.kepware.com/s/login/

BR,

JM_10762926
4-Participant

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the feedback.

We have 50 plus devices configured but we can see only few in “Device Discovery” (See below screenshot).

Is it possible to have impact due to June 2023 Windows Security updates, were DCOM might have been affected?

upload_-aW1hZ2UwMDEucG5n-2340028753805426612..png

Regards

Jayesh

Hello Jayesh,

The BACnet protocol operates independently of DCOM, which is a Microsoft technology enabling communication between software components across a network.

Considering that the issue began after a firmware update, could we explore downgrading the firmware? This step would help us eliminate the update as the cause of this issue ?

Also, I would suggest you open a support ticket, as analyzing application report and communication traces can provide further assistance in narrowing down the issue if firmware downgrading couldn’t resolve the issue.

JM_10762926
4-Participant

Thanks for the support.

Root cause of the issue identified is loading issue. It was observed that many of the devices were not connected. These bad connections were impacting few running ones. We disabled scan for all which were not connected and kept only active ones. After that it was stable.

Top Tags