cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Kepware UCON Driver

Kepware_User
7-Bedrock

Kepware UCON Driver

Dear Community,

I've got a problem on my hands with the KepwareServer Ex Ucon-Driver.
The driver can't recognize the string I got from a device - this message pops up.

Kepware_User_0-1700463894478.png

in the communication logs I can see that the machine communicates; 

Kepware_User_1-1700463972380.png

The Read-Response transaction is set to "terminated by stop characters" which are "SP""CR"EOT", which are also the received characters. Despite that, the driver is not recognizing the characters?
"Frame has a known length" also doesnt work, despite getting the right frame size from the machine.

I am using Ethernet Enc. over a MOXA converter to get to the machine - when I used a virtual serial port, it worked, but was a lot slower. 

Kind regards,
Kepware User 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Kepware_User 

Greetings,

I would like to inform you that the reason behind this error is "the combination of "data start byte" property of the Update Tag command and tag data size have caused to driver to attempt to access non-existent source buffer elements". 

Please follow the below steps:-

This command can only operate on bytes received by the last Read Response command, previously stored in a Scratch buffer or global buffer, or the 16-bit values stored in event counter buffers. Make sure the sum of data start byte and the data length (2 for word, 4 for float, and so forth) does not exceed the number of bytes in the source buffer.

Reference document is here:-

https://www.ptc.com/~/media/kepware-store/en/manuals/user-configurable-ucon-manual#page=139

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@Kepware_User 

Greetings,

I would like to inform you that the reason behind this error is "the combination of "data start byte" property of the Update Tag command and tag data size have caused to driver to attempt to access non-existent source buffer elements". 

Please follow the below steps:-

This command can only operate on bytes received by the last Read Response command, previously stored in a Scratch buffer or global buffer, or the 16-bit values stored in event counter buffers. Make sure the sum of data start byte and the data length (2 for word, 4 for float, and so forth) does not exceed the number of bytes in the source buffer.

Reference document is here:-

https://www.ptc.com/~/media/kepware-store/en/manuals/user-configurable-ucon-manual#page=139

Top Tags