cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Modbus Read Device Identification Objects

swolnisty
4-Participant

Modbus Read Device Identification Objects

Does anyone know if it is possible to read modbus device ID objects using Kepware's Modbus TCP/IP driver? I am referring to the data you access using modbus function code 43 (e.g. vendor name, product code, firmware revision, etc.). I can only find references to the four typical modbus tags types (output coils, input coils, internal registers, and holding registers) when browsing through the driver's manual.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@SW_10662463 

The Kepware Modbus driver does not have this level of customization for this functionality. It may be possible to use the Kepware UDD driver to access these objects. I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware Solutions Consultants team to assist with UDD driver use. Here is a link to the login page where a support ticket can be opened:

Thanks,

*Chris 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@SW_10662463 

The Kepware Modbus driver does not have this level of customization for this functionality. It may be possible to use the Kepware UDD driver to access these objects. I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware Solutions Consultants team to assist with UDD driver use. Here is a link to the login page where a support ticket can be opened:

Thanks,

*Chris 

swolnisty
4-Participant
(To:cmorehead)

Thanks Chris!

Top Tags