cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Sending hexa data from float tag in kepware to thingworx

AF_10333884
7-Bedrock

Sending hexa data from float tag in kepware to thingworx

I have floating point data via modbus to my kepware, i want to take the hexa data from kepserver to thingworx. I tried to take the float data and convert it to thingworx but the result is not the same with the one in thingworx. Could anyone please help me on how to send the hexa value of my tag from kepware to thingworx?

AF_10333884_0-1711084014366.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@AF_10333884 

KEPServerEX does not have the ability to convert and pass the hexadecimal Modbus value. The conversion would need to occur in the Client Application. Here is a screen shot of the option for built-in Quick Client to display the hexadecimal value.  The setting is located in the QC under tools and options.

I recommend reaching out to the ThingWorx Technical Support Team to see if this type of setting exists on the ThingWorx side. Here is a link to the ThingWorx support login page.:

eSupport | PTC

Thanks,

*Chris 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Take a look - "Get tags from Kepware -> add them to a thing in Thingworx": https://community.ptc.com/t5/Kepware/Get-tags-from-Kepware-gt-add-them-to-a-thing-in-Thingworx/td-p/518775 

I can get tags from kepware and add themt o a thing in thingworx. But the thing is i want the hexadecimal type not the float one, and the kepware only send the float one to my thing

@AF_10333884 

I wanted to follow up with you on this post to see if your question has been answered.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of other members who may have the same question.

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so that we can continue to support.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

@AF_10333884 

KEPServerEX does not have the ability to convert and pass the hexadecimal Modbus value. The conversion would need to occur in the Client Application. Here is a screen shot of the option for built-in Quick Client to display the hexadecimal value.  The setting is located in the QC under tools and options.

I recommend reaching out to the ThingWorx Technical Support Team to see if this type of setting exists on the ThingWorx side. Here is a link to the ThingWorx support login page.:

eSupport | PTC

Thanks,

*Chris 

Top Tags