cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Static String to create an advance tag

AG_10894350
4-Participant

Static String to create an advance tag

Hello all.

I have been trying to create an advanced tag by comparing the Logic_cond from a MT Connect Mazak Tag. 

The idea is to populate PTCAvailabiltyFaultCode of DPM with this advanced tag. This advanced could be a bolean value; Whenever the Logic_Cond is "Normal" then it should write over this new tag as 1 or 0. 

We have tried by using a derive tag, complex tag (we are still new to kepware ) but whenever we try to write this new "combined" tag it just pops up that the tag is not writeable. 

AG_10894350_0-1707355999631.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@AG_10894350,

It initially sounds link you would need to use the Kepware Advanced Tags (Link Tag function). Here is a link to the page in the Kepware manual which covers the use of the Link Tag:

https://www.ptc.com/store/-/media/kepware-store/en/manuals/advanced-tags-manual.pdf#page=19

I recommend opening support ticket with the Kepware team to assist with your specific inquiry and architecture. Here is a link to the login page where a support ticket can be opened:

Thanks,

*Chris

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@AG_10894350,

It initially sounds link you would need to use the Kepware Advanced Tags (Link Tag function). Here is a link to the page in the Kepware manual which covers the use of the Link Tag:

https://www.ptc.com/store/-/media/kepware-store/en/manuals/advanced-tags-manual.pdf#page=19

I recommend opening support ticket with the Kepware team to assist with your specific inquiry and architecture. Here is a link to the login page where a support ticket can be opened:

Thanks,

*Chris

Top Tags