cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Ucon transactions by Request

BC_10393027
1-Newbie

Ucon transactions by Request

Hello,

I am struggling with developing a transaction by request, I mean I don't want a Command to be sent to my device by scan, I want this another command to be sent by request from an external tag, Attached in the image is the set of steps that I am executing, so I want before step 02 to verify if this external tag has been triggered (I want a static boolean tag). 

Somebody could help me with this,

Thanks in advance.

Belkis Contreras.

4 REPLIES 4
rlabbe
6-Contributor
(To:BC_10393027)

Hi Belkis,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you clarify what you mean by an "external" tag? Are you asking if a tag from a PLC could trigger a command request or a write from an OPC client?

Thanks.

Ray

Hello,

Was this resolved? I am looking to implement something similar.
If I gather correctly, you are trying to send a particular command based on external trigger.

E.g. in case of Scale, you want to Zero or Tare based on external tag value.

I am interested in learning if this is possible > have been told, this is possible by using "copy buffer" instruction where a tag value can be copied to a buffer and that can be used alongside compare buffer.
I may be wrong, but this would be very versatile application of UCON.

@BC_10393027 @PS_11028951,

Although in theory this can be done using the Advanced Tags Link Tag function, I do not believe it has been tested. A better option might be using the Kepware UDD Driver. Here is a link to the manual that covers the use of the UDD Driver:

Universal Device Driver (sitecorecontenthub.cloud)

I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware team where a member of the Solutions Consulting Team could take a look at each of your exact architectures and advise on a best path forward.  Here is a link to login page where a support ticket can be opened:

Thanks,

*Chris

PS_11028951
4-Participant
(To:cmorehead)

I am going to open a conversation with the solutions team shortly. However, (I think) I am able to use UCON driver with "Write Data" command along with some buffer manipulation to "Write" tag data value and use it with "Test String"/"Test Character" commands.
Haven't been able to successfully use "Compare Buffers" yet. But, based on the test string/character, I am able to implement an "If/Else" type scenario.

Once I get a working solution, will post it here.

Thanks.

Top Tags