cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Using one KepwareEx instance to monitor a second KepwareEX instance

SlidingDownhill
9-Granite

Using one KepwareEx instance to monitor a second KepwareEX instance

I have a primary / backup pair of machines that need to monitor each other. What is required for one machine to browse the tags of a second? Is there where DCOM is required with certificates etc? 

My desire is to be able to shut off the datalogger groups on the backup when the primary is running and vice versa so I dont get duplicate entries in the SQL tables

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@SlidingDownhill 

Although Kepware has no current plans for additional R&D on the RedundancyMaster product; there is no current plan to sunset the product either.

Thanks,

*Chris

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@SlidingDownhill,

Kepware has a product called RedundancyMaster which seems like it will meet your architectural needs. Here is a link to the RedundancyMaster product page.  RedundancyMaster uses OPC DA and Microsoft DCOM would would have to be configured for any OPC DA remote connection. I recommend opening a Support ticket with the Kepware team to assist with pre and post sales assistance. Here is a link to login page where a support ticket can be opened:

https://my.kepware.com/s/login/

Thanks,

*Chris

I believe that is on the list to be depreciated isn’t it?

@SlidingDownhill 

Although Kepware has no current plans for additional R&D on the RedundancyMaster product; there is no current plan to sunset the product either.

Thanks,

*Chris

Top Tags