cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Writing inside an array

TG_10741684
2-Guest

Writing inside an array

Hello to everyone,

I use a KEPServerEX with the S7 Plus Ethernet connected with Ignition SCADA.

I have a problem writing inside an array tag through a opc client. Every time I received this message: "bad_write not supported the server not does support writing the combination of value".

I think that this message appears because clients are not enabled to write inside an array. Is there some setting to enable this functionality or the only way to write inside an array is by referencing the exact value?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

See an old discussion here - "client connect kapware, set_value return BadWriteNotSupported": https://github.com/FreeOpcUa/python-opcua/issues/919

NF_10020412
5-Regular Member
(To:TG_10741684)

Hello,

This issue appears to be related to OPC-UA as opposed to the Siemens S7 Plus driver. Are you able to open a support ticket? Creating a support ticket/case will allow us to collect and review server logs and information that will help dig into this issue further.

Thanks,

Noah

KEPWare | Engineering Solutions

@TG_10741684

I just want to follow up with you to see if you were able to open up a Kepware Support ticket as the Kepware Engineering Solutions team member requested. Please let me know so I add the solution to your initial post so that other community members can benefit from your inquiry.

Thanks,

*Chris

Top Tags