cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Mathcad/proe integration -replacing component.

lastdriveon
5-Regular Member

Mathcad/proe integration -replacing component.

Can we replace one component in pro/engineer with another component using Mathcad-Pro/ENGINEER integration.

The Idea is I have created a program in Mathcad with conditional segment.And I want when condition is satisfied component A should be there in the assembly otherwise component B should be there.

And I want these changes to reflect in Pro/ENGINEER,means I want to drive these changes in Pro/ENGINEER through Mathcad.

I know how to integrate Mathcad with Pro/ENGINEER but would like to know whether component replacement is possible?

Thanks,
Mayur.

6 REPLIES 6
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:lastdriveon)

That would be tricky to do as you need to apply constraints to each component for its location within the Assembly.

Is the part similar shape? The reason I ask is because you could make the part dimensionally driven by Mathcad.

Mike

lastdriveon
5-Regular Member
(To:MikeArmstrong)

Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

let me simulate the possible situation.

I have an assembly with the Family table instance.

(For Eg:It could be a Gear and its family table.To simplify the process we can also use the interchange assembly).

Depending upon the condition in the mathcad I want the Gear A to be replaced by Gear B or viceversa.

Gear A and Gear B might be different in Number of teeth and diameter.

So the condition in Mathcad could be as follows:

If N1/N2<2 then Gear A

else Gear B.

Note:

N1/N2 is speed ratio.

Use of family table and Interchange assembly is to simplify the modelling.Things can be driven smoothly from Mathcad to Pro/ENGINEER without involving lot of parameters and functionalities.

Eagerly waiting for your insigt on this.

Mayur

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I have been looking at the best way to achieve this. I have only recently started learning ProEng and not yet fully up to speed. If you only require Mathcad to specify the Gear assembly to be loaded. There might be a easier way.

Let me have a think and I'll get back to you.

Mike

lastdriveon
5-Regular Member
(To:MikeArmstrong)

Thanks Mike.

Even I will simultaneously here on my end will let you know if any updates are there.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I have got a function that will load a specific ProEng file depending on results in Mathcad, but I'm not sure this is not directly what your after.

Mike

I think there is a way.

We haven't yet got our Pro/E Mathcad intergation to happen (need to get Pro/e up to the right version reliably!).

But I have seen video's and presentations of it being done.

Have a look through the PTC site for those presentations. I don't know enough about what neeeds doing on the Pro/e side to make it do the calculation and then use the result (pro/e can seamlessly do that), and them majke its next step. The example is an F1 car brake, with variable number of brake discs.

Try here http://www.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/replay/index.jsp?&im_dbkey=42009&icg_dbkey=362

Philip

Added link.

Top Tags