cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Kepserverex Device is not responding in EventLog

KA_10164062
4-Participant

Kepserverex Device is not responding in EventLog

My Kepserverex Modbus Ethernet  installed in Windows Server 2012 connected to around 15 plc using tcp communication. All the my plc giving device is not responding for every few minutes in eventlog. In OPC client the tag quality will change from good to bad once awhile(not all the tag in the device only few of it)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi KA,

I would check the following 2 things next, though with either of these I would expect no communication at all:

1. Explicit Congestion Notification

• When Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) is enabled, some older devices will drop or reject the packets because of the manipulated header
    Disable ECN on the machine by:
    Launching a DOS command prompt by right-clicking and selecting Run as Administrator
    Type the following and then press Enter:
    ​netsh int tcp set global ecncapability=disabled
    Restart the computer

2. IF you saved and imported the project file from the another machine, you will want to check that the Network Adapters configured in the Channels/Devices in the KEPServerEX project are set to 'default' or one on this new machine instead of being bound to the NIC of the old machine still.

Another thought:

Since you are getting good comms occasionally, please make sure each of the 15 devices are on their own individual channel in KEPServerEX.

If none of these is the issue, please open a technical support case so we can get more details and files from you.

Thanks,

KC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

Read this article - "Error "Device is not responding" in event log in PTC Kepware Products": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS276466 

KA_10164062
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

I already try this. I didnt face this connection issue when i test it in windows 10 using demo version kepserverex during development stage. This issue only come when i run the kepserverex in my window server 2012. 

Hi KA,

I would check the following 2 things next, though with either of these I would expect no communication at all:

1. Explicit Congestion Notification

• When Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) is enabled, some older devices will drop or reject the packets because of the manipulated header
    Disable ECN on the machine by:
    Launching a DOS command prompt by right-clicking and selecting Run as Administrator
    Type the following and then press Enter:
    ​netsh int tcp set global ecncapability=disabled
    Restart the computer

2. IF you saved and imported the project file from the another machine, you will want to check that the Network Adapters configured in the Channels/Devices in the KEPServerEX project are set to 'default' or one on this new machine instead of being bound to the NIC of the old machine still.

Another thought:

Since you are getting good comms occasionally, please make sure each of the 15 devices are on their own individual channel in KEPServerEX.

If none of these is the issue, please open a technical support case so we can get more details and files from you.

Thanks,

KC

Top Tags