cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

TWX RTPPM - Core Configuration Issue

Arun_C
16-Pearl

TWX RTPPM - Core Configuration Issue

Hi,

I'm very new to RTPPM installing & configuring the Core Setup. Im trying to install RTPPM in my development server for exploration. I have successfully installed the RTPPM with guidelines available in manufacturing apps site but in Core Configuration Im facing issue while executing the SQL query. Kindly find the attached image.

Also I'm not sure about the demo data which i have prepared in excel sheet. Do we have any detailed steps available for the core setup preparation/ any demo data filled sheets for refernces based on the tabs?

Using,

TWX Version : 9.3.7-b1432

RTPPM Version: 2.0.2

Thanks & Regards,

Arun C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mstarnaud
12-Amethyst
(To:Arun_C)

Hi Arun

The error message for the import says :

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'reasonhierarchyuid', table 'RTPPM.dbo.downtimefault': column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

This is because it reached the Downtime Fault section, which is based on Reason Hierarchy. And in the Downtime Fault it could not find the related Reason Hierarchy. And there's a few places in the Excel, like Downtime Fault, which have an annoying constraint : you must configure some of it in the screens/UI before you can finish the import. Reason Hierarchy is one of those constraints you need to fill in the screens. To configure them, go in the main menu -> Configuration -> Reason Trees, and look at the Reasons & Reason Trees tabs. Note that the "hierarchy" is the 2nd tab in the reason tree, here is an example from my test server : 

mstarnaud_0-1691593149757.png

I see that you have 4 Downtime Faults you want to import. Let's take the first as an example, you have Reason Tree Name = "Problem in the filler", Reason Level = 1, and Reason Name = "Hardware and network failure". So you need 3 things here : a reason with that name, a tree with that name, and it that tree this reason must be at level 1. If one of those 3 conditions fails, then you will get the error that you saw in SQL. You can do the following queries to check :

DECLARE
@TreeName	NVARCHAR(255),
@ReasonName	NVARCHAR(255),
@Level		INT
SET @TreeName = 'Problem in the filler'				-- change this
SET @ReasonName = 'Hardware and network failure'	-- change this
SET @Level = 1										-- change this
SELECT CASE WHEN name = @TreeName THEN 1 ELSE 0 END AS 'This one?', * FROM reasontree ORDER BY [This one?] DESC, name ASC
SELECT CASE WHEN name = @ReasonName THEN 1 ELSE 0 END AS 'This one?', * FROM reason ORDER BY [This one?] DESC, name ASC
SELECT	CASE WHEN rt.name = @TreeName AND r.name = @ReasonName AND rh.reasonlevel = @Level THEN 1 ELSE 0 END AS 'This one?', rt.name 'ReasonTreeName', r.name 'ReasonName', rh.reasonlevel
FROM	reasonhierarchy rh
JOIN	reasontree rt		ON	rt.uid = rh.reasontreeuid
JOIN	reason r			ON	r.uid = rh.reasonuid
ORDER
BY		[This one?] DESC,
		rt.name		ASC,
		r.name		ASC

In each query, if it exists with the correct name then it will appear on top of the list.

Edit : I want to point out the same problem is to be expected with Waste Faults, which also rely on the Reason Hierarchy section. And for people using the Bom tabs (CWC, not RTPPM), they require setting up the products in the screens/UI first.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mstarnaud
12-Amethyst
(To:Arun_C)

Hi Arun

The error message for the import says :

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'reasonhierarchyuid', table 'RTPPM.dbo.downtimefault': column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

This is because it reached the Downtime Fault section, which is based on Reason Hierarchy. And in the Downtime Fault it could not find the related Reason Hierarchy. And there's a few places in the Excel, like Downtime Fault, which have an annoying constraint : you must configure some of it in the screens/UI before you can finish the import. Reason Hierarchy is one of those constraints you need to fill in the screens. To configure them, go in the main menu -> Configuration -> Reason Trees, and look at the Reasons & Reason Trees tabs. Note that the "hierarchy" is the 2nd tab in the reason tree, here is an example from my test server : 

mstarnaud_0-1691593149757.png

I see that you have 4 Downtime Faults you want to import. Let's take the first as an example, you have Reason Tree Name = "Problem in the filler", Reason Level = 1, and Reason Name = "Hardware and network failure". So you need 3 things here : a reason with that name, a tree with that name, and it that tree this reason must be at level 1. If one of those 3 conditions fails, then you will get the error that you saw in SQL. You can do the following queries to check :

DECLARE
@TreeName	NVARCHAR(255),
@ReasonName	NVARCHAR(255),
@Level		INT
SET @TreeName = 'Problem in the filler'				-- change this
SET @ReasonName = 'Hardware and network failure'	-- change this
SET @Level = 1										-- change this
SELECT CASE WHEN name = @TreeName THEN 1 ELSE 0 END AS 'This one?', * FROM reasontree ORDER BY [This one?] DESC, name ASC
SELECT CASE WHEN name = @ReasonName THEN 1 ELSE 0 END AS 'This one?', * FROM reason ORDER BY [This one?] DESC, name ASC
SELECT	CASE WHEN rt.name = @TreeName AND r.name = @ReasonName AND rh.reasonlevel = @Level THEN 1 ELSE 0 END AS 'This one?', rt.name 'ReasonTreeName', r.name 'ReasonName', rh.reasonlevel
FROM	reasonhierarchy rh
JOIN	reasontree rt		ON	rt.uid = rh.reasontreeuid
JOIN	reason r			ON	r.uid = rh.reasonuid
ORDER
BY		[This one?] DESC,
		rt.name		ASC,
		r.name		ASC

In each query, if it exists with the correct name then it will appear on top of the list.

Edit : I want to point out the same problem is to be expected with Waste Faults, which also rely on the Reason Hierarchy section. And for people using the Bom tabs (CWC, not RTPPM), they require setting up the products in the screens/UI first.

Top Tags