cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Mathcad 7 and licens

SS_10246031
5-Regular Member

Mathcad 7 and licens

I Need to download MathCad 7.0.0 beccause I have a student Licens for it. It worked for me once and suddenly it stopped working and i could not open the program. The I tried to reinstall it again and then I could not use my licens.

I tried a lot of things again and end up with reinstall it, and then I could only get Mathcad 8.0.0 which I dont have a licens for.

A found a way to get Mathcad 7.0.0 but it still would not take my licens code. I got a new licens code to try with, but it still would not take it.

I have only used my licens on one computer. right know I can only find a way to get Mathcad 8.0.0.

I dont what to do, I cant get MAthcad 7.0.0. installed on my computer and it want take my licens.

The first things is that i dont cant find a link to download it, it only allows me to download Mathcad 8.0.0.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

Use this link (to find the 7th version): https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/academicFree.jsp 

SS_10246031
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Hi, 

Thank you for the link, it worked in I have downloaded Mathcat 7. 

When I start op the program, I go through the set up section again. I choose "Active Purchased Licens" put my accounts details in, and then I wrote my licens code in. But when I want to Aqquire licens it says "Rodeelement needs" and I get the an e-mail with that says:

"Attached, please find your requested license file for Mathcad, which enables you to run the Mathcad application.
If necessary, you can now complete the installation and licensing process with this file.

Save this file to any location (e.g. c:/temp or any other location of your choosing). Please be sure to remember where you saved the
file since you will need to reference it later. The file must be on the same hard drive as your installation of Mathcad. When you attempt
to launch Mathcad, you will be asked to specify the path to this file.

Please do not open the attached file through your email application as that can corrupt the file. Be sure to save it to disk before opening
or unzipping it."

I have done this, but it still want work.

I hope you can help me!

And what happens when you start the program after you have received the license file?

SS_10246031
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Nothing happens. I get a mail with a licens file and i Save that  on my computer deskboard. Then i try again with the file i just recived and saved, but it still want work.

Im thinking of resetting my computer from scratch to see if that will help.

Top Tags