cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

"Creo Agent did not initialize correctly" error - Creo 10 Student - Error 0x06000012

xTheRedPandaZ
2-Guest

"Creo Agent did not initialize correctly" error - Creo 10 Student - Error 0x06000012

After downloading Creo 10 student per the directions given in the instruction PDF, I have continued to get the two errors in the image below. The 1st error says "Creo Agent did not initialize correctly. Please contact Technical Support if this issue persists." which is followed by "Creo Parametric Student Edition (for educational use only) is shutting down because it could not run the Quality Agent, which is required in this edition. If you call Technical Support about this problem, report error 0x06000012."

I have tried deleting/redownloading Creo-10, as well as Creo-8. I tried looking through the Community forums, but no luck yet.

I didn't have any initialization issues when I first downloaded Creo 8 a year ago, and I don't recall "disabling all firewall, anti-virus, and anti-spyware software" when I did that download. For this reason, this error feels either new in general, or might have something to do with me already having Creo 8 previously (even though Creo 8 is completely deleted now). Any ideas why this might be happening here? 

AO_11016452_1-1712518467662.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Found an answer to the important part of this question here: Solved: Creo 4.0 mistake 0x06000012 - PTC Community

So, my Creo appears to be working now. However, the 1st of the two errors ("Creo Agent did not initialize correctly...") still pops up when I open Creo, which feel unsettling. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Found an answer to the important part of this question here: Solved: Creo 4.0 mistake 0x06000012 - PTC Community

So, my Creo appears to be working now. However, the 1st of the two errors ("Creo Agent did not initialize correctly...") still pops up when I open Creo, which feel unsettling. 

Top Tags