cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Best practices for modelling Semantic DB Queries

Rahul_Raj
9-Granite

Best practices for modelling Semantic DB Queries

Hi,

I have gone through the TWX data modelling and the concepts are pretty clear.
But, i could not find a clear solution when it comes to modelling external entities like Semantic DB in TWX data model.
I will try to phrase my question here;

1. I have 3 robots on the edge (with 3 different functionalities).

2. I have a Graph DB, where i store my data (like creating an order at Robot1, shutting down Robot2 etc.)

3. So, I have a set of Queries which handles basically the CRUD operations in my DB.

Now, the question is where to place these queries.

1. In a master Thing (central Thing), which handles all DB related activities.

OR

2. In a Thing Shape on individual Robot Thing Template layers (like getRobot2StatusFromDB() service).

Please provide your ideas on the best practices.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Rahul_Raj)

Generally speaking I have the base queries in the DB Thing with the System user applied to it for Runtime security.

then i have a wrapper service in the shape/template of the Robot to invoke those queries with the proper validated input parameters.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Rahul_Raj)

Generally speaking I have the base queries in the DB Thing with the System user applied to it for Runtime security.

then i have a wrapper service in the shape/template of the Robot to invoke those queries with the proper validated input parameters.

Thanks a lot. Sounds to me the best approach.

Top Tags