cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Breadcrump showing multiple levels of menu selection

Tomellache2B
14-Alexandrite

Breadcrump showing multiple levels of menu selection

Hi everyone,

I would like to have a breadcrumb functionality that shows me the hierarchy of the mashup that I am currently on. e.g., Main menu item/sub menu item/sub-sub menu item.

What I want to achieve is similar to what is highlighted in yellow on the first screenshot below:

122_1-1637825771742.png

 My service is as follows

let result = Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].CreateInfoTableFromDataShape({
infoTableName: "InfoTable",
dataShapeName: "BreadCrumb_DS"
});

if(Data){
for(let i=0; i<Data.length; i++){
let row = Data[i];
if(row.linkDestination){
let newEntry = {
DisplayField: row.title, // STRING
TypeField: row.TypeField, // STRING
URLField: row.linkDestination, // STRING
MashupNameField: row.MashupNameField // STRING
};
result.AddRow(newEntry);
}
}
}

The Data input here is the service output that goes to the menu bar widget. I did this because the menu bar widget has no selectedRows or data coming out from it that I can use to bind to my breadcrump widget.

Has anyone ever overcame this issue?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Hi community,

I managed to get a hierarchy of the mashup that I am currently on. e.g., Main menu item/sub menu item/sub-sub menu item.

I did this through a service. 

This service would take the current menuId, find its parentMenuId, and then continue to find each subsequent parent until the top menu item (with a parentMenuId of 'topMenu') is reached.

Now that I have achieved this, I would like to be able to view a drop-down list of available menu items when I hover/click on the initial items in the breadcrumb. This dropdown should contain a list resembling that of a sub-menu when its main menu item is clicked provided that this menu is a three-level menu.

Has anyone been able to accomplish this before using thingworx?

Many Thanks.

Top Tags