cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Change Reference Localization Table for new Localization Table

DM_9813541
6-Contributor

Change Reference Localization Table for new Localization Table

In order to deploy localization tables as packaged project entities (using Solution Central) we have to create our own localization tables (instead of using the existing "Default", "de" etc.) as described in case 

We create a second table for an existing langague. We have to add arbitrary information to make it unique for the project: "de-pr1" instead of "de", since "de" exists. (To evade the duplicate Thing name problem)

Now "de-pr1" is still referencing the Default localization table (contradicting our intention behind all this)
How can I change this? If I look at the Composer view of the newly created LT (picture) I can see the "Reference Locale"-Dropdown on the top right. I can chose from all LTs, but this is not an option I can save for the LT. I would like to create an "en-pr1"-Table that is referenced by "de-pr1" and never explicitly write into Default. 

What would be the recommended way to achieve this? (using TWX 9.3.8)

5 REPLIES 5
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:DM_9813541)

I'm unsure exactly what your ask is, but as far as I know, all tokens must be in the default LT and will get added by default any time you add a token to any LT.

That shouldn't cause you any issues though I think, unless you don't want to use the values within Default, to avoid that, you just have to make sure that all tokens that you use have proper values for any of the Locale you use.

DM_9813541
6-Contributor
(To:PaiChung)

Hi PaiChung, 

thanks for your answer. You are right: If I add a token to my own German lang. LT it will automatically appear in my own English lang. LT as Reference Value.

But.. If I deploy my project (containing the newly created LTs) via Solution Central the LTs do not contain the Langague Token on the target instance. 

And that is my ask: Apparently, if the langague tokens added are not updated on the target instance's Default table, they are not visible for my project. So if I manually export/import the Default table on my target instance, it works. But yeah, that is not what it was all about.  

DM_9813541
6-Contributor

Going to open a support case, since no one has explained how to deploy LTs as port of projects using Solution Contral. 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @DM_9813541.

Per the case, the solution was to create the custom localization table directly on the target instance and include their tokens there.  Any created Localization Table will then be able to be included in the Project for deploying your solution.

Please feel free to weigh in with any additional information.

Regards.

--Sharon

DM_9813541
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Hi Sharon,

"Per the case, the solution was to create the custom localization table directly on the target instance and include their tokens there"

-> So I create the localization table once on the dev instance and on every target instance (after the project was deployed there)? And after that I can add tokens on the dev instance, package and publish the project, deploy it on a target instance and besaid token is available there?

Greetings,

David

Top Tags