cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Change industrial data type

AF_10333884
7-Bedrock

Change industrial data type

I want to read data from PLC using kepware, I use the industrial connection, and I want my data type to be a number but I can't change the data type. How to change this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HI @AF_10333884 ,

Have you verified that tag which have created in Kepware with  Number related Data Types of Float, Long, Word .., to that property? Because if kepaware data type is not matched with Thingworx property base type means after you bind that tag with thing property, it will automatically change the base type based on kepware tag.

Arun_C_2-1693560096921.png

Thanks & Regards,

Arun C

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

HI @AF_10333884 ,

Have you verified that tag which have created in Kepware with  Number related Data Types of Float, Long, Word .., to that property? Because if kepaware data type is not matched with Thingworx property base type means after you bind that tag with thing property, it will automatically change the base type based on kepware tag.

Arun_C_2-1693560096921.png

Thanks & Regards,

Arun C

Hi,

Sorry, i accidentally clicked accept as solution.

Yes i already checked it, i chose default, but when i opened the tag in Quick Client, it showed me that the tag data type is float. 

Hi,

It should works. If Possible, Can you please share your snapshots of Kepware Tag details and Property bindings with Thingworx Thing for more clarification?

Thanks & Regards,

Arun C

Hi,

Here you go

AF_10333884_0-1693807530957.png

AF_10333884_1-1693807560721.png

AF_10333884_2-1693807595227.png

Hi,

Can you please choose basetype as float for 1 Kepware tag property as per PLC Address? Also try to disconnect the exist binding of that property from Thingworx & check the thing property basetype is Number and then do re-bind it . Meanwhile you please let me know in which type of channel you have created those device tags?

Thanks & Regards,

Arun C

It's Allen Bradley Controllogix channel, and i already tried to do that, but the connection became bad quality (not good).

If I delete it and bind it again, I still cant change the data type, and the data type

AF_10333884_0-1693810728629.png

If I try to 

Hi,

In kepware, if the tag quality turns to bad after the changing the basetype means better to check with that PLC team / program for data type configured in that PLC address. 

Arun_C_1-1693814290880.png

Additionally, if you want to view the actual data types of PLC tags in kepware means while creating of device itself you can do Right Click on Device > Tag Generation > Create Tags it will automatically create the tags with groups once PLC is connected with Kepware device. 

Arun_C_2-1693815067563.png

Thanks & Regards,

Arun C

Hi,

Thank you for your help

Top Tags