cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Create ThingWorx Docker containers in Azure DevOps

MG_9567080
6-Contributor

Create ThingWorx Docker containers in Azure DevOps

I am looking for a way to use a tool to create the ThingWorx docker containers. We use Azure DevOps on Prem, and I am wondering if there is a way to load all the files from the thingworx docker download, put the needed files in the staging folder, and then build the docker container and push it to a repository, so multiple instances of ThingWorx can download the latest container. 

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MG_9567080
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Hello Sharon, 

Yes I was able to work through all of our issues. We are able to successfully build the containers in Azure DevOps on Premise. Our challenge was getting some of the Ubuntu Libraries and Gosu download due to security protections, but we modified the docker files to look locally for the files, and were able to build them successfully. 

For HTTPS, the keystore needed to be a JKS format, where the traditional RHEL version supported PKCS 12. Also there was an issue where some of the special characters in the Docker Compose file were causing the line to truncate so the SSL keystore password in the server.xml file was not correct. 

For SSO, there are not any Docker specific instructions. I followed the same instructions for standard deployment, and just placed the files in the Docker Mounted ThingWorx Platform folder.

We have successfully build the containers, and rebuild when a newer version has come out. They have been deployed to multiple instances. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tip - "How can I deploy ThingWorx Docker images on Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)?": https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tips/How-can-I-deploy-ThingWorx-Docker-images-on-Azure-Kubernetes/ta-p/818309

MG_9567080
6-Contributor
(To:VladimirN)

I am not looking for a place to host the Docker container. I need a tool to build it. I need to run the ./build.sh stage and ./build.sh mssql commands that are giving in these instructions

(stage: https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Installation/ThingWorxDockerGuide/thingworx_docker_build_setup.html#)

(Build: https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Installation/ThingWorxDockerGuide/thingworx_docker_building.html#)

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:MG_9567080)

Hi @MG_9567080.

We saw that you had opened several cases related to Docker.  Did you receive an answer to your question in this post?  Once you've built the image, you should be able to deploy any number of instances.

If you have more information to share with the community or have additional questions, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

MG_9567080
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Hello Sharon, 

Yes I was able to work through all of our issues. We are able to successfully build the containers in Azure DevOps on Premise. Our challenge was getting some of the Ubuntu Libraries and Gosu download due to security protections, but we modified the docker files to look locally for the files, and were able to build them successfully. 

For HTTPS, the keystore needed to be a JKS format, where the traditional RHEL version supported PKCS 12. Also there was an issue where some of the special characters in the Docker Compose file were causing the line to truncate so the SSL keystore password in the server.xml file was not correct. 

For SSO, there are not any Docker specific instructions. I followed the same instructions for standard deployment, and just placed the files in the Docker Mounted ThingWorx Platform folder.

We have successfully build the containers, and rebuild when a newer version has come out. They have been deployed to multiple instances. 

Top Tags