cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Customize login credentials on customize login jsp file

Ru
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite

Customize login credentials on customize login jsp file

Hi 

As i previously posted a query that, i have created customize login page on thingworx by using the jsp file.
I have created users on thingworx side which are present on database side and also on thingworx side.
I am creating user which have fields like "Name", "Contact no", "Email Address", "Username". And i am registering the Username as Email Address like "ABCD@gmail.com". when i am trying to login on thingworx login page it is login with the username "ABCD@gmail.com" which is correct. But now i want to login with name like, if i will enter the name "ABCD" then it should login. is it possible to do on Customize login page on JSP file?
Please let me know the solution on this ASAP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Ru)

Typically you would create an account that uses 'User Name' (and if you want, you can do a force caps/lower case in the page so it doesn't matter how a user types it). That basically implies that if you are using an email as user name, the user should just type in their email.

You are asking for problems if you let them login without the email provider, because you won't be able to distinguish user:

abc@gmail.com vs. abc@outlook.com etc.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Ru)

Typically you would create an account that uses 'User Name' (and if you want, you can do a force caps/lower case in the page so it doesn't matter how a user types it). That basically implies that if you are using an email as user name, the user should just type in their email.

You are asking for problems if you let them login without the email provider, because you won't be able to distinguish user:

abc@gmail.com vs. abc@outlook.com etc.

Top Tags