cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

EMS: Tunnel RDP

drichter
14-Alexandrite

EMS: Tunnel RDP

Hi,

I have successfully create a ssh-connection and a vnc-connection over a edge device to an rpi via EMS. Now I try the same with RDP but this will not work. I have installed xrdp on the rpi (tcp-port 3389). I have setup the firewall of the edge device (where the EMS is running) to allow TCP 3389.

When I try to connect via remote access widget I get the error message

[ERROR] 2019-12-04 12:11:18,313 SDK: twTunnelManager_TaskerFunction: Error connecting to 1.0.1.2:3389. tid: 75da34af-e679-4338-984b-d2ec35f8818a. Error: 111

on EMS-side.

2 REPLIES 2

To my knowledge, until recently RDP was not working with ThingWorx tunneling - https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS252787

I did not test it personally, but apparently it is working using the new Remote Access Client (available in 8.4+, see ThingWorx Remote Access Client) and latest C SDK / Java SDK

drichter
14-Alexandrite
(To:smainente)

Hi,

I tried it with the RemoteAccessClientLinker-Widget. Theoretically, it would work with that but on my PC runs a Remote Access Service on port 3389. So the RemoteAccessClientLinker choose 3390 for the connection which will not work on my device. The RemoteAccessClientLinker use always the origin port or counts up if the port is already occupied.

Top Tags