cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Error while doing RTPPM installation ""Service call failed with status code 502".

marcusbarrozo
11-Garnet

Error while doing RTPPM installation ""Service call failed with status code 502".

I have thingworx 9.3.8 working normally. I need to install rttpm app. When I use the program "install-tw-apps-win.exe" the following error appears: "Service call failed with status code 502 - Could not connect to environment: self signed certificate". I checked article CS375802 - "Service call failed with status code 502 - Could not connect to environment: self signed certificate" error when installing ThingWorx Apps, but I couldn't go any further. Could someone please tell me what steps I have to do? For reference, below are the questions and answers given during the installation attempt, as well as part of my server.xml file.

- install-tw-apps-win.exe installation (questions)

ThingWorx URL (localhost:8080):
Does ThingWorx use TLS (y/N): N   " ->  I tried with "y" too. Got the same error..."
ThingWorx Admin Username (Administrator):
ThingWorx Admin Password:

Attempting to connect to ThingWorx server...

Service call failed with status code 502 - Could not connect to environment: self signed certificate

ThingWorx URL (localhost:8080):

- server.xml file (partial)

<Service name="Catalina">

<Connector port="8080"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
connectionTimeout="90000"
maxConnections="10000"
maxThreads="200"
redirectPort="8443" />

<Connector port="8443"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
connectionTimeout="90000"
maxConnections="10000"
maxThreads="200"
keystoreFile="file:///C:/THINGW~1/CERTIF~1/THINGW~1.JKS"
keystorePass="#####"
keyAlias="#####"
keyPass="####"
clientAuth="false"
sslProtocol="TLSv1.2"
ciphers="TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384,TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_CHACHA20_POLY1305_SHA256,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_CHACHA20_POLY1305_SHA256,TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256,TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384"
SSLEnabled="true" scheme="https" secure="true" />

Thank you for any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Marcus

Pai's answer below about Postgre vs MSSQL should be the main answer you're looking for. RTPPM requires MSSQL, not Postgre, for its RTPPM database (but Thingworx on Postgre is fine).

But there is also one part of your message that bugged me : 

I have thingworx 9.3.8 working

According to this documentation about the older version of RTPPM, Thingworx version 9.3.1 and 9.3.5 were supported (see details in the link).

And according to this documentation about the latest version, Thingworx 9.3.9 (not 9.3.8) is needed for the latest version of RTPPM.

If you don't have a compatible version of Thingworx, you may encounter issues. There are reasons why we chose those specific Thingworx versions as being compatible. I doubt it's the reason for the specific one you were getting (Certificate issue), but other issues can still happen.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Sorry obvious question, is Thingworx actually installed on your local host on port 8080?

Yes, redirecting to port 8443 as I showed in my "server.xml" file above.

In just your browser does localhost:8080/Thingworx end up becoming https://localhost/Thingworx or do you still see 8080?

Else you can try localhost:8443 maybe if you haven't yet.

Also did you at all install a Cert?

When I use "localhost:8080/Thingworx" it appears in the browser
"https://localhost:8443/Thingworx/Home".
I tried also with this port (8443) but it didn't work.
Yes. When I installed thingworx, I installed a self certificate.

Hello.
Any other try for my case above?
Another question: In "ThingWorx Applications Help Center", in the topic "Prerequisites and System Requirements" it says that Thingworx must be installed with MSSQL. I installed using PostgreSQL. Will I need to reinstall my Thingworx?

Hello,

About your second question -- yes, I'm pretty sure you need to use MSSQL for RTTPM. There's a reason why it says "must" in the docs

/ Constantine

Actually you can use ThingWorx on Postgres as the persistence provider, but you MUST provide an additional MS SQL DB for the RTPPM install to use.

DPM and the ThingWorx Apps (AMU RTPPM CWC) need to use an additional standalone MS SQL DB

You may have to make sure that if you use Postgres, you install the MS SQL JDBC driver into ThingWorx before doing the install.

Check the install instructions.

Hi Marcus

Pai's answer below about Postgre vs MSSQL should be the main answer you're looking for. RTPPM requires MSSQL, not Postgre, for its RTPPM database (but Thingworx on Postgre is fine).

But there is also one part of your message that bugged me : 

I have thingworx 9.3.8 working

According to this documentation about the older version of RTPPM, Thingworx version 9.3.1 and 9.3.5 were supported (see details in the link).

And according to this documentation about the latest version, Thingworx 9.3.9 (not 9.3.8) is needed for the latest version of RTPPM.

If you don't have a compatible version of Thingworx, you may encounter issues. There are reasons why we chose those specific Thingworx versions as being compatible. I doubt it's the reason for the specific one you were getting (Certificate issue), but other issues can still happen.

Top Tags