cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Expand/Collapse Row in Collection Widget

tearnest
4-Participant

Expand/Collapse Row in Collection Widget

Hello,

I'm attempting to create some animation (expand/collapse) of a row within the Collection Widget. Please reference the attached image. The goal is to expand/collapse the "Region" rows, with the ability to have multiple "Regions" expanded at the same time.

CollectionWidget.jpg

Is this even possible with the Collection Widget? I can't seem to find a way to create this functionality. I attempted utilizing the Visible property on the referenced mashup in the collection, but the collection still reserves the space when setting the mashup to invisible. I also attempted to dynamically rebuild the bound infotable only displaying the desired region when selected, but this redraws the collection and causes the selected row to reset when the new collection is generated.

Thanks in advance for any response!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wposner-2
12-Amethyst
(To:tearnest)

The collection widget is not meant to be utilized in this fashion.  it's great for custom menus or more robust repeater type functionality, but is not meant for displaying collapsible tree type hierarchy.  That's what the tree widget is for.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
wposner-2
12-Amethyst
(To:tearnest)

The collection widget is not meant to be utilized in this fashion.  it's great for custom menus or more robust repeater type functionality, but is not meant for displaying collapsible tree type hierarchy.  That's what the tree widget is for.

tearnest
4-Participant
(To:wposner-2)

Thanks for the response.

That's too bad. The Tree widget is very limited with its styling, so that's why I was attempting other methods such as the repeater/collection widget.

Top Tags