cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Getting unique Thing Property value from ThingTemplates query service

gvyakaranam
11-Garnet

Getting unique Thing Property value from ThingTemplates query service

Hi,

I would like to get unique Things Properties from query service. I don't want to use infoTable.Distinct()

Example below...

ThingName Property(name of property is custom_pro)

t1                "abc"

t2                "xyz"

t3                "abc"

t4                "xyz"

result should be {abc, xyz}

Kindly let me know or any suggestions.

Thanks

Gopi

4 REPLIES 4

@gvyakaranam 

Following community post might help.

Hi Sachin,

As having bulk amout of things in the platform(>10000), not able loop many times...

For the same purpose, I would like to know if any query service, which will be proving result as distinct list of Property value like "{"xyz","abc"}". Mean that the count of result is 1000 out of 10000 things or more.

Kindly let me know.

Thanks

Gopi

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:gvyakaranam)

Hi @

If we understand you correctly, you could try using the QueryImplementingThingsWithNamedData service to return specific properties you're interested in within a given template.  Then you can use distinct to filter the list.

If there is more to this use case than we're understanding, please provide more details and we'll be glad to help.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:gvyakaranam)

Hi @gvyakaranam

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.  If you are still having problems, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags