cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How To Get Thing Group Name from Thing

ParthBhadiyadra
11-Garnet

How To Get Thing Group Name from Thing

Hello,

How to get the Thing group name from the thing. In my project, every thing assign to a specific thing group. now I want to get a thing group name using a thing  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanZ
15-Moonstone
(To:ParthBhadiyadra)

I suggest creating a Network rather than using ThingGroups for this process. With that you can simply get the parent of a specific Thing. This "parent" itself can be a simple generic Thing that represents the company and contains properties like the e-mail adress for the mentioned notifications.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @ParthBhadiyadra 

You can use 'GetMembers' service to get Thing Name from Thing Group 

Velkumar_2-1682667541522.png

/VR

Hi,

I Need thinggroup name 

Hi @ParthBhadiyadra 

I don't know if there is any direct way to get Thing Group from the Thing level 

As a workaround, you can use the 'GetWhereUsed' service to get a thing relationship with any Thing Group

Velkumar_1-1682668274009.png

You can further filter this InfoTable based on EntityType  to get ThingGroups details alone

/VR

Hi @ParthBhadiyadra.

Do you mind sharing details of your use case?  

Regards.

--Sharon

Hello,

in my user case there are three user roles like super Admin, admin and user, and project is based on monitoring device properties and base on properties values only user get email notification, 

for this project i need to create multiple organizations/Companies and each organization has admin and user,  and each organization have device  that monitor by that organization user so i want to send email notification to that organization's user only no other organization's user for that I have add all device thing in to thing group and base on that thing group i am sending email.

So  I need to get thing group name using thing 

DanZ
15-Moonstone
(To:ParthBhadiyadra)

I suggest creating a Network rather than using ThingGroups for this process. With that you can simply get the parent of a specific Thing. This "parent" itself can be a simple generic Thing that represents the company and contains properties like the e-mail adress for the mentioned notifications.

Hi @DanZ 

Thank you so much 

Top Tags