cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to automate a service which is present on a database thing

LY_10691079
9-Granite

How to automate a service which is present on a database thing

Hi everyone,

I am using a service which is calling windchill data and then storing it in thingworx local database postgres sql now I want to automate this service on a specific interval so that it will automatically execute after a certain time 

what I am thing is using a scheduler thing template but not sure how can I implement it and the Thing  on which this service is present already using database template so I can't use two template in a single thing 

so please give me a  better understanding if anybody's have any Idea.

Thanks and Regards,

Lav.

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @LY_10691079 ,

You need to create a separete Scheduler Thing under Scheduler ThingTemplate and need to set the timing for the execution. Then in same shecduler thing you need to create the Subscription& to call the service from the respective database thing which need to execute automatically on scheduled interval time.

Kindly find the link , FYR. If any queries please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Arun C

ok let me try and will get back to you 

Thanks for speedy reply 

Hi I tried to write the subscription but couldn't so please help me to write the subscription

FYI   DB Thing name is Test_Thing and service is Test_store_Db service

I have created a scheduler thing  and added time interval as well but writing subscription is stuck 

so please help me to do so 

Regards,

Lav.

Hi @LY_10691079 ,

In Schduler Thing > Create New Subscription and follow the steps below,

Step 1  : Provide the Basic Subscription Info

Arun_C_0-1704691666936.png

Step 2: Select the Event Type as Schedule Event for the execution with required inputs if applicable.

Arun_C_1-1704691744243.png

Step 3: Call the other entity services into this subscription to execute on the selected event.

Arun_C_2-1704691877120.png

Thanks & Regards,

Arun C

is it only or do we have to write some code in the subscription as well?

If it is direct execution of your DB_Thing > DB_Service - You can use the same service by calling in it directly for the auto execution on scheduled time.

the service is on Db thing only but how will I know that my service is executed or not like without writing subscription?

That you can make it in the subcription itself by using logger in above start & end of your DB_service execution or you can use properties to log the execution start & end based on your requirement you can write your logic.

Arun_C_0-1704693518816.png

Top Tags