cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to send message from ThingWorx server to edge device?

Gavin2
8-Gravel

How to send message from ThingWorx server to edge device?

Hi,

I want to send message from ThingWrox server to device(Java sdk), so far I don't get any idea?

I've tried DataChange event and subscription with a java sdk , but have not worked out by this way. The SDK side can't be triggered when RemoteThing change property on ThingWrox server

Any way, I want to know is there a best practise about this and how it can be done?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
burak
10-Marble
(To:Gavin2)

Hi Gavin,

If I correct understood, you want to do something on gateway whenever you want. 

I did something like that I implemented SDK on gateway and generate services on composer. When I try to call this service via rest api, gateway function triggers. You can send message from device/web app/mobile app etc like this. Just implement service function on gateway and try to call this function via api. 

Note: Of course, thing template must be remote thing. :)

Regards,

Gavin2
8-Gravel
(To:burak)

Hi burak
Thanks for you solution, I've worked this out by using remote property and service.

Top Tags