cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Influx DB Enterprise on Azure

saguiarde
10-Marble

Influx DB Enterprise on Azure

Hello all,

I have a question about Influx DB Enterprise. The documentation clearly says it supports Influx DB Enterprise as a persistence provider. However, it doesn't mention anything when Influx DB Enterprise is deployed in cloud instead of a local environment. I was wondering if it will support if I try to connect ThingWorx 9.1 to an Influx DB Enterprise cluster deployed in Azure. 

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

If you have a ThingWorx instance connected to an InfluxDB Enterprise cluster, specifically only the version we support, then that combination will be supported.

However, if the ThingWorx instance is too "far" away to the Influx cluster, and you start seeing timeouts or too high latency due to network issues , then, obviously, we can't help, since that's outside of ThingWorx area of capabilities. If your site has bad internet connectivity, you might encounter loss of data due to this reason, and typically, we tend to put both ThingWorx and Influx in the same network (whether that's premise, or both in the same cloud).

Hello Vladimir, 

Thank you for the reply. Therefore that means that ThingWorx does support the connection to InfluxDB Enterprise (version 1.8.2) cluster when it is deployed in Azure, only with the condition that both should be in the same network. Is this correct?

Thank you! 

Hi,

I can guarantee only what the help center says here :

VladimirRosu_0-1621235404179.png

There's no wording on that Help Center regarding where that cluster is deployed, and how, so, as long as it's that version, it will work.

The condition to "be in the same network" is not in the Help Center, but I stated it for your awareness, because you, as a customer, need to be sure that the connection between ThingWorx and Influx be of a good quality so that you don't have lost data, etc. That was the first thing that passed through my mind, but if you have a good connectivity between TW and Influx, that will absolutely work without needing to be in the same network. The reason I put the statement here is because I heard a couple of times of VPN tunnels that need to be established between local sited and cloud, and then those tunnels did not seem to be stable, they disconnected, etc....These types of conditions are usually well understood (and in their scope) by whoever is doing the deployment (like the condition to have good connectivity from ThingWorx instance to its internal database, PostgreSQL/AzureSQL/MSSql etc.)

Top Tags