cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Is there a way to translate the terms used on a Dashboard Widget?

MS_10929021
5-Regular Member

Is there a way to translate the terms used on a Dashboard Widget?

MS_10929021_0-1706016358436.png

Talking about these lines in particular and the respective menus they open - for the main user base it would be very inconvenient if these were English only and make the whole widget almost wholly unusable sadly. 

Running on Version 9.3.7!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I searched in the support.ptc.com this topic by entering the terms "dashboard localization".

I strongly suggest using also this search feature in the future.

The third entry points to this article which should answer your question if I got it right.

In short, in each localization table you already have tokens for them:

VladimirRosu_0-1706039022453.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @MS_10929021 

Kindly take a look at the below article, and let us know if you have any doubts.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS342169

Thanks,

Surya

MS_10929021
5-Regular Member
(To:Surya_Tiwari)

Thanks for the swift reply! From my potentially limited understanding, Localization Tokens can only be used in localizable fields of which I find no properties in the Dashboard Widget, hence the question - unless I'm missing something?

Hi @MS_10929021 

Kindly find the attached screenshot, change the language for a particular user at the user journal information tab, and let me know if you have any doubts.

I searched in the support.ptc.com this topic by entering the terms "dashboard localization".

I strongly suggest using also this search feature in the future.

The third entry points to this article which should answer your question if I got it right.

In short, in each localization table you already have tokens for them:

VladimirRosu_0-1706039022453.png

Top Tags