cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Label Visibility

leeejw717
11-Garnet

Label Visibility

I currently have a master mashup that has a header and a navigation tab on the left. I have a label on the header. I want this label to be visible only when the contained mashup is at 'Overview' (I have a mashup called 'Overview'). But when the contained mashup is some other mash ups, the label should be invisible. I tried to write a JS service that returns a boolean value, but I've been unsuccessful. How do I accomplish this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:leeejw717)

You would have to store your current mashup name somewhere, either through a service or a session variable. Then, on the master you would use the Validator widget and bind the label visibility to the output of the validator. So, if the output of your validator is true, display the label. In the validator itself, you would be checking whether the parameter is equal to the needed mashup name, where the parameter is a variable you'll define.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:leeejw717)

You would have to store your current mashup name somewhere, either through a service or a session variable. Then, on the master you would use the Validator widget and bind the label visibility to the output of the validator. So, if the output of your validator is true, display the label. In the validator itself, you would be checking whether the parameter is equal to the needed mashup name, where the parameter is a variable you'll define.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:posipova)

Hi @leeejw717.

If you are satisfied with the response provided by @posipova, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags