cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Last time used a Thing

tenegabi
6-Contributor

Last time used a Thing

Hello there,

Is a way to see when was last used a Thing? Or a service? I try to search on Internet and in Thingworx, but I can't find anything about that. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:tenegabi)

Adding to the previous options, you could add a DATETIME property named "lastAccess" to your thing. In the service, you would update this property with the current date. So whenever the service is called, the property will be updated. This way you can track when the service(s) of that thing were called last.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello @tenegabi ,

If you want to check any changes that might have happened, you can check in the change history tab of the respective Thing. 

Regards

Bhawna

tenegabi
6-Contributor
(To:bchaudhary)

Hello @bchaudhary ,

Not this options, I know already this, I want to know when was run last time a Thing, not last modify a service. 

Rocko
17-Peridot

What do you mean by "used", when a property value was updated, or a service called? Or just when someone "looked" at it?

There is no way to track if a Thing was returned by a query or if someone just looked at it.

For editing access you can use subscriptions (on DataChangeEvent) and custom logging, Value Streams or the Audit Subsystem.

tenegabi
6-Contributor
(To:Rocko)

Hello @Rocko ,

I have a lot of Things, one of them are part an application on my company, I have a task to see what application is unused for more 90 days, if is unused more that 90 days we will delete the application. I don' know if I explain good. 

Rocko
17-Peridot

Adding to the previous options, you could add a DATETIME property named "lastAccess" to your thing. In the service, you would update this property with the current date. So whenever the service is called, the property will be updated. This way you can track when the service(s) of that thing were called last.

tenegabi
6-Contributor
(To:Rocko)

Ok, I understand, something else from Thingworx is do not exist?

Rocko
17-Peridot

Audit Subsystem, as I mentioned.

Top Tags