cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

List Widget to Contained Mashup

VC_10938534
8-Gravel

List Widget to Contained Mashup

Is it possible to pull data from a List Widget, using a Thing Group, to be able to bind to a contained (Dynamic Parent) mashup using the List Widget Entities. I am trying to force the John Doe Name from the list to then be linked to the Parent name as John Doe. The thing group is created from several Things, which dynamically populate into that dynamic parent mashup usually. Heres a picture of what im trying to do below:

VC_10938534_3-1711645183974.png

This Dynamic Mashup Will be going into this contained mashup above which has Name XXXX Templated Design,

VC_10938534_2-1711645134755.png

Using PTC ThingWorx 9.3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey I was able to pass the mashup-parameter into the mashup-container which works great! Although, now i have the issue that the mashup-container doesn't flow the data of the mashup-parameter when selected by the list widget. 

VC_10938534_0-1712089944653.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @VC_10938534 

You can create a Mashup Parameter in Contained Mashup and pass value from List Widget to contained Mashup

Velkumar_0-1711688390638.png

/VR

I will look into that thank you!

Im running  into a lot of problems with the mashup parameters, I'm already pulling data from the mashup parameters to fill into the list how can i pass that value as the mashup name in the contained mashup then? Please respond when available thank you!

VC_10938534_0-1712012287634.png

Like does this make sense or am i binding them wrong

Hi @VC_10938534 

You can pass the same mashup parameter to contained mashup.

Step 1 : Open Contained Mashup and add Mashup parameter in contained mashup

Step 2: Pass mashup parameter value from main mashup to contained mashup

Based on your binding, you are passing mashup parameter to customcss property which will not work. Please create mashup parameter for contained mashup (which you mentioned in MashupContainer ) and rebind it 

/VR

Hey I was able to pass the mashup-parameter into the mashup-container which works great! Although, now i have the issue that the mashup-container doesn't flow the data of the mashup-parameter when selected by the list widget. 

VC_10938534_0-1712089944653.png

Hi @VC_10938534 

Could you please check Application Log for error message

/VR

No Error Logs were found in the Application Log for this data.

Top Tags