cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Non admin users who is not part of ComposerUsers group are not able to execute service in Thing

MK_10528389
5-Regular Member

Non admin users who is not part of ComposerUsers group are not able to execute service in Thing

I wanted to provide runtime permission to non admin and non member of ComposerUsers group to view the mashup and able to run the application. I have created Organization, in that organization, I have added user group which consists of the user for whom the app should be visible and executable. So as per the article - https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS341872  I have applied the required permissions. But for that user getting error as - 

Exception in WHR.EngPortal.Base.Thing::GetAdminPanelSections:TypeError: Cannot call method "CreateInfoTableFromDataShape" of null

Note - for the Thing - WHR.EngPortal.Base.Thing I have provided the visibility permission, runtime permission and design time permission for that organization and user group. PFA screenshot of the same, but still I am getting this error. And for admin user, it is working fine. Also even when I add this user group or user to the ComposerUsers group at that time also It is working fine.

Unable to fine the root cause. Please suggest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:MK_10528389)

Hi,

the error you receive is because of the user does not have Visibility for "InfoTableFunctions" (which offers the service throwing the error:

Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].CreateInfoTableFromDataShape(params);

The error you resolve by providing Visibility for the user (or System user) for the entity. Does that already help?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
nmutter
14-Alexandrite

Hi,

the error you receive is because of the user does not have Visibility for "InfoTableFunctions" (which offers the service throwing the error:

Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].CreateInfoTableFromDataShape(params);

The error you resolve by providing Visibility for the user (or System user) for the entity. Does that already help?

MK_10528389
5-Regular Member
(To:nmutter)

Thanks @nmutter It is working fine now. I have provided visibility and runtime permissions to InfotableFunctions.

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

Perfect. FYI

- "Cannot call method "xxx" of null" always means visibility for an entitiy is missing (=the entity is 'null'), on which this service 'xxx' is called

- For runtime ServiceInvoke permissions it will tell you more clearly with thingname + servicename

Top Tags