cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Pass selected dropdown value from one mashup to another

AndyHilton
12-Amethyst

Pass selected dropdown value from one mashup to another

I have four mashupcontainers A-D as seen below.

2021-06-18_13-24-25.png

What I'm doing:  

In mashupcontainer-A I have a dropdown menu where I select "Shift".  When I select a new shift from that dropdown menu the data in the mashup of mashupcontainer-A is updated.

AndyHilton_0-1624037368408.png

What I need to do:

When I select a "Shift" from the dropdown menu in mashup A I need that shift to also be passed to the other mashups in mashupcontainers D-B and then have those mashups update their data with that selected shift.

3 REPLIES 3
yhan
17-Peridot
(To:AndyHilton)

AndyHilton
12-Amethyst
(To:yhan)

None of these solutions apply to my scenario.

1. I'm passing a select value from a dropdown menu from one contained mashup to another contained mashup.  Not from a parent to a contained.

2. I might be able to use session variables but I can't find anything that explains how to use them.  I tried Article - CS249180 - Understanding Session Variables in ThingWorx (ptc.com) but this article has a lot of errors.  ie. It says, "6. Drag the Textbox Text field to the session variable" but you can't drag a widget to a session variable in Thingworx.  Thingworx doesn't allow that.

yhan
17-Peridot
(To:AndyHilton)

Please check the configuration steps mentioned in article CS248660 , please feel free to let us know if the issue still there, I will do a test in my environment then.

Top Tags