cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Property quality on ThingWorx and Kepware is inconsistent

LeoChen
7-Bedrock

Property quality on ThingWorx and Kepware is inconsistent

Dears,

I set up remote property on thingworx, but quality of tag is inconsistent on thingworx and kepware.

•  quality of the remote property on thingworx is GOOD as the the screenshoot

thingworx.jpg

• but I checeked this tag on QC which is provided by kepware. The tag quality is UNKONWN, and _system._Error of this tag is also true.

kepware.jpg

Error.jpg

I am so confused with this inconsistancy, could anyone tell me which quality is correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @LeoChen ,

If you change the startType to "useDefaultValue" does this behavior change?

Otherwise probably some of my Kepware colleagues might be able to chime in (I do believe it would be wise to open a support case in parallel anyway).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @LeoChen ,

How certain are you that the property value in Composer is the same as the one in the OPC Client?

I am asking this because Composer only gets the VTQ (which includes the Quality that derives the thumbs up/down) when you click the the Properties tab or when you click the Refresh button.

There's a service called GetPropertyValuesVTQ (or GetPropertyTime if you want to be specific) - execute that and compare the property timestamp with the one from the OPC Client. If indeed the timestamps are the same, the question is valid (not that I can answer why).

But still, we would need to know this first.

they are sure the same one on thingworx and modbus server of kepware, because this tag is setted up by myself.

the result of excuting GetPropertyValuesVTQ is as fellows:

• property did't change as time goes by

thingworx.jpg

• checking value on qc provided by kepware, quality was bad at 10:42

QC.jpg

Is there any misconfiguration on thingworx? Configurations on thingworx are as fellows:

Configuration.jpg

Thank you very much.

Hi @LeoChen ,

If you change the startType to "useDefaultValue" does this behavior change?

Otherwise probably some of my Kepware colleagues might be able to chime in (I do believe it would be wise to open a support case in parallel anyway).

I tried to change the startType, new error occurred. So I feedback to PTC.

Thank you for your reply.

Top Tags