cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Remotely Bound Properties values are not updated on Thingworx Platfrom

TS_10150564
3-Visitor

Remotely Bound Properties values are not updated on Thingworx Platfrom

We have a Remote thing, in which we have set of the properties, and it is remotely bound to Edge Thing. 
So far everything is good, but when we set the values for properties from Lua script (Edge Side), These values are not reflecting in Thing Worx Platform Side automatically. Every time we have to open a property page from composer and hit refresh button to see the property change value. Why are the values not updating automatically? How to overcome this? 

I have provided sample configuration and settings for one for the property called "ErrorMessageChanged" for your reference. 

Lua Script this is how property has been initialized:
-----------------------------------------------------
properties.ErrorMessageChanged = { baseType="BOOLEAN", pushType="ALWAYS", value=false}

Lua Script this how the property has been Set:
--------------------------------------------------
properties.ErrorMessageChanged.value = true

ErrorMessageChanged Property configuration on Thing Worx platform side has been attached. 

2 REPLIES 2
nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:TS_10150564)

Where do you check the property values? Which you mention do not update, so you go into composer and hit refresh?

In the example.lua it also sets property values like

// declare properties.. (dont mind other pushType)
properties.Pushed_InMemory_Boolean  =   { baseType="BOOLEAN",  pushType="VALUE", value=false }

//..other stuff

me:setProperty("Pushed_InMemory_Boolean", nil, nil, data)

Long time ago that I used lua, but maybe the issue is with how you set the property?

wcui
14-Alexandrite
(To:TS_10150564)

@TS_10150564 TW composer page will not automatically update property value unless you hit the refresh button, however the property value could change background.

First we need to know if property is udpated or not. To confimr that, can you define a DataChange event to see if property value changed or not?

Top Tags