cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Responsive custom mashup

ErrHud
5-Regular Member

Responsive custom mashup

Hi,

I'm having some trouble making my mashup adaptive for different size of screens.

I designed a mashup that contains some "Value Display" and a "shape", and I created another mashup that contains a collection of these (I followed the "Organize your UI with the collection Widget" tutorial). I designed it on my PC but it is meant to be displayed on a much larger TV, and I wanted the mashup to be bigger on the TV but they are the same size as on my PC. Is there a way to make these scale with the size of the screen ?

I tried to create the "base mashup" static and then responsive, but they both don't scale. The only difference is that with the responsive, the background "panel" will take all the space he can, but the widgets in it never change size. Is there a way to make that happen ?

(It doesn't need to be in a collection, I just want to make a "base mashup" that will scale with the size of the screen).

Thank you in advance for your help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ErrHud
5-Regular Member
(To:ErrHud)

Ok so I think my problem is resolved.

The answer is : you need to use layouts to place your widgets, and you need to use exclusively responsive widgets in it (for some reason, the property display doesn't seem really responsive... the table is responsive but not its content).

My problem is I was putting the widgets in random places and the dimensions did not scale. (I should've realize it before)

So what I did is I created a responsive mashup with many "layouts" with some "Value Display" and a "shape". Than when I put it in another layout in another mashup, it scales with the resolution.

Hope this can help someone else !

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ErrHud
5-Regular Member
(To:ErrHud)

Ok so I think my problem is resolved.

The answer is : you need to use layouts to place your widgets, and you need to use exclusively responsive widgets in it (for some reason, the property display doesn't seem really responsive... the table is responsive but not its content).

My problem is I was putting the widgets in random places and the dimensions did not scale. (I should've realize it before)

So what I did is I created a responsive mashup with many "layouts" with some "Value Display" and a "shape". Than when I put it in another layout in another mashup, it scales with the resolution.

Hope this can help someone else !

Top Tags