cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class

VG_8323155
3-Visitor

SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class

We are unable to access Thingworx composer after windows server updates and getting error "SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class " tomcat log. The service stop automatically whenever we try to start it.

The application was running fine and we didn't performed any major changes except windows updates.

Can you please help us to find/resolve this issue? Why it occurs and how to resolve this?

ThingWorx Version : 9.3.5 (Postgres)

Error log:

Jan 17, 2024 4:45:22 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: No Spring WebApplicationInitializer types detected on classpath
Jan 17, 2024 4:45:29 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class [com.thingworx.system.ThingWorxBootstrapper]

Attaching complete log file

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:VG_8323155)

I recommend you open a support case on support.ptc.com

Error seems to indicate it either is now missing a correct Path definition (in your env. variables) or some component doesn't exist, or the profile that you are using (that runs Tomcat) doesn't have permission to the file it wants to run or its file location.

Hello @VG_8323155 , 

I agree with @PaiChung here. However, can you provide us the output of the following query (I am assuming you are uding db as pgadmin):

select id, name, length("value") from property_vtq ORDER BY LENGTH("value") DESC limit 100;

Regards

Bhawna

Top Tags