cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Single DB for Two Thingworx Instances

pshashipreetham
17-Peridot

Single DB for Two Thingworx Instances

Hi,

I look forward to doing a minimal Connection Server installation due to high traffic to the Thingworx Platform.

Present Scenario: 1 Thingworx Instance with 1 Postgres DB & 1 Influx DB

Required Scenario: 1 Connection Server with 2 Thingworx Platforms with 1 Postgres DB & 1 Influx DB

Can the required Scenario be achievable with 1 Postgres DB and 1 Influx DB for both Thingworx Instances? and is it a best practise?

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

With the help of @Jimwang and after lots of documentation searches on the PTC Knowledge base, concluded below.

pshashipreetham_0-1699100313022.png

Shashi Preetham

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Technically you can use one Postgresql for multiple Thingworx instances as long as the Thingworx instances are using different Database/schema. For example, your postgresql instance has two Databases dB1 and dB2, each Thingworx instance connects to its own database dB1 and dB2 respectively.

However, this is not a good best practices, especially for production system, for example, if you need to restart the postgresql, all the Thingworx instances are impacted.

hi @Jimwang ,

Thanks for the quick response. Do we also need the Zoo keeper if we are using the Connection Server?

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham

If your Thingworx Platforms are configured as High Availability Cluster, yes, it is required to install Zookeeper, otherwise, you don't need to use zookeeper

Hi @Jimwang,

I have made the below flow, but I am unsure If I need Zoo Keepers or not...

pshashipreetham_1-1698381771422.pngThanks,

Shashi Preetham

@pshashipreetham

per the diagram, it is my understanding that you are trying to setup a Thingworx High Availability Clustering, in such case, it is mandatory to have zookeeper in the cluster.

For detailed information, you can refer to Thingworx High Availablity in help center

With the help of @Jimwang and after lots of documentation searches on the PTC Knowledge base, concluded below.

pshashipreetham_0-1699100313022.png

Shashi Preetham
Top Tags