cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

TWX 9.3.8 Grid Keyboard Navigation

DanZ
15-Moonstone

TWX 9.3.8 Grid Keyboard Navigation

Hi,

according to the documentation the Grid Widget should have keyboard navigation. But it does not seem to be working. Pressing keys (arrow keys, tab etc.) is not doing anything.

There seems to be no setting to activate the keyboard navigation. Am I missing something obvious?

4 REPLIES 4
jensc
17-Peridot
(To:DanZ)

Hello @DanZ,

I am using Thingworx 9.3.4 and this will likely not help you, but I can use the tab key to navigate to at least the "Filter" function of the grid.

The arrow keys though seem to only move the "focus"/"selection" on the column headers:

No use of arrow keys:jensc_1-1686665632174.png

Use of arrow keys:jensc_0-1686665615502.png

But other keys do not seem to do much...

Regards,

Jens

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @DanZ.

Is the behavior the same under different browsers?  We tested on TWX 9.3.7 under Chrome and did not experience the issue.  There was a problem previously reported that was corrected in the 9.3.4 version.

Also, which Grid are you using? 

Regards.

--Sharon

DanZ
15-Moonstone
(To:slangley)

Sorry for the late response. So we tested it under Chrome 109 and Firefox 115 with Thingworx 9.3.8. The Grid Widget was the current "PTCS Grid", not the Grid Advanced (where the Keyboard Navigation is working fine).

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @DanZ.

We tested under 9.3.8 and were still able to navigate using the arrow keys.  If you click in the data area first, are you then able to navigate?

What platform Is ThingWorx running on?  Linux or Windows?  What platform is your browser running on?  WIndows? iOS?  Can you provide your mashup so we can test with it?  

If we're not able to figure this out, it may be necessary to open a case so we can do a more thorough investigation.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags