cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

TWX9.0 - AD / LDAP - Unable to login

hkwan
7-Bedrock

TWX9.0 - AD / LDAP - Unable to login

Hello Everybody,

1.I'm new to Thingworx LDAP.

2.I'm able to map the “Active Directory Group Name” to “Thingworx Group Name” via TWX - Directory Service. But, unable to login. See, below. For details, see attached.

TWX90-AD-LDAP-Error-01.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:hkwan)

Hi @hkwan

The Administrator user is most likely not defined in your Active Directory, so the error you received would be expected.  You can add the Administrator user to the UserProvisioningExclusionList which prevents it from being authenticated via AD.

From looking at the word doc, the information in the User ID Attribute Name field is incorrect.  You have selected 3 options.  You will need to decide which one should be used for authentication.

Try making that change and let us know if you still have issues.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
hkwan
7-Bedrock

Hello,

The error is “Active Directory authentication for user [Administrator] failed. [reason: javax.naming.AuthenticationException; [LDAP: error code 49 – 80090308; LdapErr: DSID-0C090447. Comment: AcceptSecurityContext error; data 52e, v3839C]"

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @hkwan

The Administrator user is most likely not defined in your Active Directory, so the error you received would be expected.  You can add the Administrator user to the UserProvisioningExclusionList which prevents it from being authenticated via AD.

From looking at the word doc, the information in the User ID Attribute Name field is incorrect.  You have selected 3 options.  You will need to decide which one should be used for authentication.

Try making that change and let us know if you still have issues.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @hkwan

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @hkwan.

I have marked the solution for this post.  If you disagree that it is the solution, please let me know.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags