cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

ThingWorx data simulator template import fails

AF_10333884
7-Bedrock

ThingWorx data simulator template import fails

Hi Team,

I was doing a training for Analytics (https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tips/ThingWorx-Analytics-Training-Module-11-Part-1/ta-p/844948). I tried to import Things_dataSimulator.xml but the import failed. The error shown is: 

AF_10333884_0-1686619106827.png

Please help me solve this issue,

Thank you.

Regards,

Amelia W

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:AF_10333884)

Hi @d_kessler 

Could you help here.

It seems the Thing_dataSimulator.xml from ThingWorx Analytics Training: Module 11 Part 1 - PTC Community is missing the Thing Template DataSimulatorTemplate and so cannot be imported .

Are you able to locate it somewhere ?

Thanks

Christophe

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:AF_10333884)

Hi @d_kessler 

Could you help here.

It seems the Thing_dataSimulator.xml from ThingWorx Analytics Training: Module 11 Part 1 - PTC Community is missing the Thing Template DataSimulatorTemplate and so cannot be imported .

Are you able to locate it somewhere ?

Thanks

Christophe

Hi cmorfin, 

Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. I've responded to the original poster with the solution. 

Best, 
dkessler

Hi Amelia, 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I was able to reproduce the error that you were seeing, and have built a new "DataSimulator_Standalone.xml" file that can be used instead of the old "Things_dataSimulator.xml". This new file has no dependencies on the Data Simulator Thing Template, so you should be able to import the new file without problems. I've replaced the old file with the new file in the page "https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tips/ThingWorx-Analytics-Training-Module-11-Part-1/ta-p/844948". 

Please let me know if you encounter any other issues with this import.

Best, 
dkessler

Top Tags