cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Thingworx API won't work over self signed certificate

davidvojnic
4-Participant

Thingworx API won't work over self signed certificate

I have a web service which I created using Laravel's Lumen. It receives data and one it does, it sends it to Thingworx via the API. While I was on Composers which use a valid certificate, I had no issues with this, but now I am on a self signed certificate and the API request won't go through. In lumen, I am using cURL to make the HTTP request. I have added 

curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);
curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, false);

lines to my to my cURL request as suggested by stack overflow. I have added 

x-thingworx-session=true

to my url as suggested by Thignworx community. Still, the error persists. I have opened the Security Log to see the output and it is saying 

Error	No authType or appKey parameter has been specified for Authentication Scheme: AUTH_THINGWORX_APPKEY

I have the appKey parameter specified in the header.

Does anyone have a solution to my problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
moonkrj
4-Participant
(To:davidvojnic)

Updated to NET SDK 5.5  after having 5.3.1 and after updating to 5.5 added the config AllowSelfSignedCertificates = true; Looks like the issue is with self-signed certificates...

Currently working with the Java rest api based project (this thread on stackoverflow).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
moonkrj
4-Participant
(To:davidvojnic)

Updated to NET SDK 5.5  after having 5.3.1 and after updating to 5.5 added the config AllowSelfSignedCertificates = true; Looks like the issue is with self-signed certificates...

Currently working with the Java rest api based project (this thread on stackoverflow).

mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:moonkrj)

@davidvojnic

Hope you are doing good. Could you please confirm if the issue has been resolved.

If yes, please mark the answer as accept as solution for the future reference. Thank you in advance.

Regards-Mohit Goel

Top Tags