cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Thingworx calling Report Created By Query Builder

acoash1
5-Regular Member

Thingworx calling Report Created By Query Builder

I'm sure this has been answered, but I cannot for the life of me find it.

I have a report in Windchill written in Query Builder that I would like to leverage inside of a Thingworx thing.  

It takes two parameters

partNumber

partView

The id is 12345

How do I call this report?

Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarekP.Nowaczyk
14-Alexandrite
(To:acoash1)

First of all you will need to configure connection between Windchill and ThingWorx. You can find documentation in the PTC Windchill Extension Guide. 

As part of this you need to deploy Windchill Rest Services (WRS) and Windchill patch for ThingWorx. The REST API is self documented in Windchill. To enable the icon you have to set the Client Customization preference to yes in the Windchill UI.

Unfortunately currently there is no REST services to execute Windchill Query Builder report directly and currently is not possible to extend this out-of-the-box Windchill REST WebService.

So you will have to build and test InfoEngine task to invoke such report and then in ThingWorx invoke your custom I*E task using the ExecuteTask service on the WindchillConnector thing. See "Using Info*Engine Tasks when Developing Your Application" in "PTC Windchill® Extension Guide".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MarekP.Nowaczyk
14-Alexandrite

First of all you will need to configure connection between Windchill and ThingWorx. You can find documentation in the PTC Windchill Extension Guide. 

As part of this you need to deploy Windchill Rest Services (WRS) and Windchill patch for ThingWorx. The REST API is self documented in Windchill. To enable the icon you have to set the Client Customization preference to yes in the Windchill UI.

Unfortunately currently there is no REST services to execute Windchill Query Builder report directly and currently is not possible to extend this out-of-the-box Windchill REST WebService.

So you will have to build and test InfoEngine task to invoke such report and then in ThingWorx invoke your custom I*E task using the ExecuteTask service on the WindchillConnector thing. See "Using Info*Engine Tasks when Developing Your Application" in "PTC Windchill® Extension Guide".

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @acoash1.

If the previous response allowed you to solve your issue, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Shaorn

Top Tags