cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Thingworx [content loader functions] does not exist] error message

johnalo
4-Participant

Thingworx [content loader functions] does not exist] error message

When I run Resources["ContentLoaderFunctions"].GetJSON(params) when I logged in as a developer, the data is returned.

When the user on the floor logs in and runs the page then get an error  [content loader functions] does not exist].

Why does it exist for me as the developer and now for the user on the floor?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

• "not found" always means visibility permission is missing for the user.
  • not authorized for serviceInvoke, propertyRead.. means runtime permissions are missing

Like jensc mentioned last you need to add visibility permission to the entity (which only works with organization(units)). Or what Sharon mentioned if you don't want to allow the user itself, you can do it via System user.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jensc
17-Peridot
(To:johnalo)

Hello,

Have you made sure that the user has the correct permissions to use the service?

Go to the "ContentLoaderFunctions" resource and hit the "permissions" tab and check under runtime:

jensc_1-1680786039939.png

Here your user or their group should have access.

jensc_0-1680786024572.png

You could also give them access to everything like this:

jensc_2-1680786156623.png

But I wouldn't recommend it.

You might also give them visibility permissions through an organization.

Regards,

Jens

johnalo
4-Participant
(To:jensc)

Thanks for the reply. I have added the user group with this user to the permissions and allowed service execute and still does not display to the user.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:johnalo)

Hi @johnalo.

Did you add visibility to the organization as Jens recommended?  You can also configure it to run under the System user if you don't want to assign permissions to the users.   There are a number of resources that may be helpful.  Here are a couple:

Using the ThingWorx System User

The use of System User

Regards.

--Sharon

nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

• "not found" always means visibility permission is missing for the user.
  • not authorized for serviceInvoke, propertyRead.. means runtime permissions are missing

Like jensc mentioned last you need to add visibility permission to the entity (which only works with organization(units)). Or what Sharon mentioned if you don't want to allow the user itself, you can do it via System user.

Top Tags