cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Trigger logged property saving with a service

iguerra
14-Alexandrite

Trigger logged property saving with a service

I use logged property functionality to save history change of the value, very fast to use.

On the advanced settings it's possible to set the "data change type" (and thresold if needed)

is it possible to disable the "automatic" logging, but trigger it with a service call?

It would really useful for example to save the value every 1 hour (timer subscription+service_call), but keep the current live value to change normally. This would save unnecessary data logging ... because for historycal analysis may be a point every 1 hour is enough.

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:iguerra)

If you wanted to keep history at only once an hour, you probably would set up a separate service to read your value once an hour and then write it to a stream vs. valuestream.

Not all that much harder to do.

nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:PaiChung)

You could call service 'AddNumberValueStreamEntry' (or String,...) on your thing for your property which you have defined as not 'logged'.

While this does work, I am not sure if it should be done Maybe an own (Value)Stream may be more "offical".

iguerra
14-Alexandrite
(To:PaiChung)

Yes ... it's what I'm doing since about one year

I use a "slow" stream for those type of data (about 15 properties saved on it).

It would be an enhancement of the logged property system

Keep all "inside" the thing is easier also for data extracxtion and visualization, but also for data visibility (who can see the thing can see also its data history ... instead an external stream contain data of all things ... so more attention has to be taken)

Having a newoption on "data change type" as "manual" would leave it very simple but add flexibility.

Bye

Top Tags