cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Unable to Access Thingworx

pshashipreetham
17-Peridot

Unable to Access Thingworx

Hi,

I have installed Thingworx and was able to access it on the localhost:8443/Thingworx/
When restarted after a few days, I could not access the same localhost:8443/Thingworx/ when checked on the Application Logs... Thingworx up and running:

pshashipreetham_0-1699101120585.png
Where can I check on which Port and URL is running?

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
geva
14-Alexandrite
(To:pshashipreetham)

If you inspect the logs - likely Catalina.out, you should see which port the server is binding to.  You can also validate your configuration in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml.

Once the application is running, you can use a tool like netstat on Linux (netstat --listening --programs -n | grep 8443), or SysInternals TCPView to determine if the Java/Tomcat process was able to bind and open the port as you expect.

ThingWorx will always be running at /Thingworx.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
geva
14-Alexandrite
(To:pshashipreetham)

If you inspect the logs - likely Catalina.out, you should see which port the server is binding to.  You can also validate your configuration in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml.

Once the application is running, you can use a tool like netstat on Linux (netstat --listening --programs -n | grep 8443), or SysInternals TCPView to determine if the Java/Tomcat process was able to bind and open the port as you expect.

ThingWorx will always be running at /Thingworx.

Hi @pshashipreetham.

To expand on the response from @geva, if you installed ThingWorx using the installer, the default path for server.xml is C:\ThingWorxFoundation\tomcat\apache-tomcat-9.0.73\conf.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags