cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Unable to install ThingWorx Analytics Server on PTC Cloud Portal

VA_10934394
1-Newbie

Unable to install ThingWorx Analytics Server on PTC Cloud Portal

Goodmorning.

I am following this guide to build a Predictive Analytics Model Guide: https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tips/Build-a-Predictive-Analytics-Model-Guide-Part-1/ta-p/810137

The goal is to complete the "Global System Integrator Program" for the company I work for,

I created a Virtual Machine in PTC Cloud Portal and I created an environment just for training.

Environment info: ThingWorx 9.3.6 for TE Training-Windows 2019 by Satish Lovevanshi.

I followed the installation guide.

I saw that there is a separate instance of Analytics Server to be added.
I downloaded the installation files in the VM, but I can't run the .exe file because the Windows antivirus blocks it. Even if I am the Admin, I can't disable it or even whitelist it.

unnamed.png

Has anyone experienced something similar or have any suggestions in general?

P.S. 

Me and my team already have a RockWell partner to ask, and he suggested to come here because he didn't know how to help us.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:VA_10934394)

Hi @VA_10934394 

This appear to be some constraint at VM/Cloud portal level rather than with ThingWorx Analytics.

In that case it is best to contact the Cloud portal team, see https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS329973 for that.

Good morning @cmorfin.

All right, I'll give it a try.

I will keep the thread open until I receive a reply by the support. When they have solved the problem, I will mark your reply as the solution.

Thanks.

Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:VA_10934394)

I don't think you are supposed to install additional server software on those images for security reasons.

You should take an image which already contains the Analytics Server.

But as @cmorfin said, a ticket with the Portal support team is the way to go.

Top Tags