cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Unable to locate device id after license expiration

aarushi_mittal2
11-Garnet

Unable to locate device id after license expiration

Hello Everyone,

I tried to retrieve the device id from my application.log at twxFoundationH2Trial-8.3.2\tomcat\apache-tomcat-8.5.23\ThingworxStorage\logs on my machine. Howvere I can't find the device id as stated here in ThingWorx fails to start up or starts up in limited mode due to license expiration.

My free 90 day trial license for ThingWorx foundation server expired on 4th July. I have followed the above tutorial to get device_id as no licenseRequestFile.txt exists on my machine.

Also I am usinh ThingWorx version 8.3.2

Kindly suggest how should I proceed.

Regards,

Aarushi

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @aarushi_mittal2.

The Device ID was removed from the Application Log for security reasons.  This behavior may be reverted in future releases due to the issues it's causing our customers, but it's still under review.

Is ThingWorx still starting up in limited mode?  If so, there is a service under the Licensing Subsystem called GetInstanceID that will allow you to obtain the Device ID.

If ThingWorx is no longer starting, please forward the previous license file located in ....\ThingworxPlatform (license.bin or license_capability_response.bin) and I will decrypt the file for obtaining the Device ID.  I will send you a private message with my email address for forwarding the file.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @aarushi_mittal2.

Just checking on the status of your issue.  Have you been able to resolve the problem?

Regards.

--Sharon

Hello Sharon,

I am sending you my license file as you had earlier suggested.

Regards,

Aarushi

Hi @aarushi_mittal2.

Since this issue was worked as a case, please provide an update here if you feel the issue was resolved and the resolution that was employed.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags