cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Unable to use Session Changed event in ThingWorx 8.4.2 as there are no session events

adityak506
7-Bedrock

Unable to use Session Changed event in ThingWorx 8.4.2 as there are no session events

Hi,

Scenario is like this:

I have a main (parent) mashup in which I have two columns. One column have a tree widget and the other column have the contained mashup widget.

Now, I am entering texts from the contained mashup (child mashup) and when clicking OK, I want to run one service on the main mashup and get the output of the service on the Tree widget which is in the left side column.

So, for this I am not able to use the session events whenever there is a change in the contained mashup parameters.

How to handle this situation without any session events? (I can not use the same parent mashup as there are 4 to 5 contained mashups which will keep on changing inside the main mashup).

Also, is this a bug in ThingWorx 8.4.2 as I could not see the session events.

Thanks and regards,

Aditya Kumar

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:adityak506)

Please report this as a bug at support.ptc.com

As a potential work around, you could perhaps use the session value into a Mashup parameter or into a Validation/Expression

(Maybe even add the Event Router if you are monitoring multiple values)

Thanks PaiChung for the reply!
Top Tags