cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

add more templates to Dynamic thing templates

AO_10482328
4-Participant

add more templates to Dynamic thing templates

I'm using ThingWorx 9.3.6

How can I add more templates to Dynamic thing templates ?

I tried add a new  template through a Dynamic thing templates to  a mashup but I notice you have to bind a Entity Name. My question is how I can define an unique Entity Name to this Dynamic thing templates and make it found their own thing template?
ThankYou.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:AO_10482328)

You cannot add multiple ThingTemplates to a ThingTemplate.

In mashupBuilder instead of referencing the ThingTemplate which has all properties, you could also reference each ThingShape

nmutter_0-1688054711013.png

Then it may be more clear while you setup the bindings - as each ThingShape only has few properties (in best case)? I think this is what you are asking? How to bind a lot of properties in a mashup?

Maybe additional info is that there are three ways to create a binding in mashup builder. See Creating Bindings in a Mashup . Maybe one of those is easier to be used.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nmutter
14-Alexandrite

I'm sorry but I do not quite follow your question.

Maybe you want to reference a Thing directly, instead of referencing it via a dynamic template? If so you just search for your thing in the "add data"-dialog where you added the ThingTemplate:

nmutter_0-1687985072436.png

If that was not your question maybe you could explain what you want to achieve again.

AO_10482328
4-Participant
(To:nmutter)

The scenario we have is to reproce 10 identical screens, but data coming from different sources (same IndustrialThing connection, but different source). I'm using a mashup as a base to receive all information and I've created a thing template inheriting thing shapes, properties and everthing. So I'm using GetProperties from the Dynamic thing template to manage all data dynamically in the same mashup. And I'm having a hard time with only one thing template, cause I have 100+ properties to bind. My question is how I can add more templates to a Dynamic thing template and hopefully balance all data in two or more templates.

I've notice is to possible to add a new  template through a Dynamic thing templates to  a mashup but I notice you have to bind a Entity Name. 

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

You cannot add multiple ThingTemplates to a ThingTemplate.

In mashupBuilder instead of referencing the ThingTemplate which has all properties, you could also reference each ThingShape

nmutter_0-1688054711013.png

Then it may be more clear while you setup the bindings - as each ThingShape only has few properties (in best case)? I think this is what you are asking? How to bind a lot of properties in a mashup?

Maybe additional info is that there are three ways to create a binding in mashup builder. See Creating Bindings in a Mashup . Maybe one of those is easier to be used.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @AO_10482328.

We're still not clear on your design but it doesn't sound like it's the most efficient implementation.  Based on what we understand about this, performance will probably be affected.  Do you really need to bind 100+ properties?

Can you send us your mashup so we have a better idea of what you're trying to do?  We can then make some recommendations on improving the design.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags